The aim of this course is to raise awareness of the risks associated with abrasive wheels and the practical steps that can be taken to manage the risk, so that you can understand more about your legal responsibilities and how to carry out your job role safely.
Nearly half of all accidents resulting from abrasive wheels happen due to unsafe working practices and operator errors. If you work with abrasive wheels then following strict health and safety practices is paramount to protect both yourself and others from harm.
This Abrasive Wheels course will provide you with an introduction to working safely with abrasive wheels so that you can understand the risks and know which control measures are needed to prevent injury and ill-health.s.
By the end of this course, learners will be aware of:
- Why they need to know about abrasive wheels
- What abrasive wheels are
- Key legislation and guidance
- Common hazards associated with abrasive wheels
- The importance of selecting, handling and mounting abrasive wheels correctly
- The safe use of abrasive wheels